<VV> Priscilla Presley's Corvair

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Dec 27 22:53:41 EST 2006

Elvis gave the car to Priscilla as a high school graduation present.  I don't
believe they were married at the time.  He waited with the car outside of the
graduation ceremony.  He was already quite famous at the time and didn't want
to be an interruption or spectacle by going in to the graduation ceremony.
The car was a red '63 Monza coupe.  In Priscilla's memoirs published a few
years ago (I think the title was "Elvis and Me") there is a color photograph of
Priscilla and the car.  The driver's door is open and her rear-end is on the
driver's seat but her head is outside of the car.  She is sporting a timely
buffant hair-do that looks like it wouldn't fit in the low-slung car.  Rumor has it
that after she moved on to a newer car the Corvair was used by whoever needed
it in Elvis' entourage--the gang known as the Memphis Mafia.  Several years
ago, when DMVs would still release such info, I wrote to the TN DMV and
inquired as to the car's whereabouts.  They said they had no records on the car for
several years.

~Bill Stanley