<VV> Turn Signals

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 13:24:19 EST 2006

                                    B"H

GM introduced the "lane change" feature on their 1967
models, and I believe the Vair got it along with all
the other safety stuff.

Susie only has 50,700 miles so even a low mileage car
can have this problem.  As I may have said in an
earlier post, the signal arm wasn't designed to be
returned to the Off position by hand; you're supposed
to let the self-cancelling cam do it for you wherever
possible.  Those plastic tabs that lock the signal
lever in for a turn are pretty delicate and break off
easily, especially when the signal lever is turned off
by hand.

At least the replacement part is relatively
inexpensive and can be replaced in around an hour
(once you're experienced in removing the steering
wheel and detaching the turn signal switch from the
steering column to repair it).

I'll see if I can adjust those metal contact wires on
the cam hopefully this weekend.

Regards folks...Bill Hershkowitz
"Susie the Little Blue Coupe" 69 Monza 110 PG