<VV> Re: MAGNESIUM FIRE no vair

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Fri Dec 29 16:52:54 EST 2006

junkyards around here dont like vw transaxles because of the high mag
content.
i had one given to me to make a starter adapter so i could run a corvair
engine made to go in a kit car (long time ago turbo even!). i cut the housing to
make it useable for my project.
then i torched the filings on my cancrete pad in back of the house.  mighty
fine hot green fire!!  it did make a small chunk of the concrete pop...
anyhow they have a special foam that will contain mag fires...i am not an
expert , but i did ask after that episode.
regards , and happy holidays..tim colson                        unsafe at any
speed.