<VV> Oil Pan questions...

Duane, Jim (US SSA) Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Wed Feb 1 13:37:28 EST 2006

Well, let's pour some hi-test on this!!!  Clarks sells a silicone oil
pan gasket
http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?function=goto&catalog=MAIN&s
ection=MAIN&page=6 It works, doesn't leak, and is re-usable.  Yes, I do
use it...  Stock pan, sealing surfaces straightened, and serrated
bolts...
Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of J R Read_HML
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:43 PM
To: Chuck Kubin; virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Oil Pan questions...

Ryan is going to be sorry he ever asked this question.  It leads to the
paper or cork controversy and also to the washers or no washers
controversy.
Let's just say that we did not all give him the same answer and let it
go at that.  Well - we DID all agree that the first step is to make sure
the pan is straight.

Later, JR