<VV> RE: caged nut repair/ proper materials

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Feb 1 17:49:15 EST 2006

Grade 8 stainless nuts and bolts are available. I would not use anything
else on suspension pieces no matter what the car was used for.

That's good to hear, all the stainless fasteners I've seen are made from 300 series stainless (18-8) which is nicely corrosion resistant but not particularly strong (in comparrison to allow steels).  I wonder though if these high strength stainless steel fasteners are as corrosion resistant as the lesser strength ones.  They've got to better than the allow steel grade 8 hardware though - which is a good thing.

mike