<VV> changing transmission

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 2 11:28:46 EST 2006

"I want to change the four speed transmission in a 65 without dropping the whole drivetrain out of the car.  Is there a proper way to do this?" -- Ray Lough

NO.  Oh yeah, it can be done, but for one or two more bolts, you can have the whole drivetrain on the floor where one can change the transmission without having to fight an uphill battle on an angle, increasing the odds of messing something up. Probably won't save any time trying to do it in the car, either.

Maybe, if you had a welded in the car, under the engine trailer hitch, you might think about it -- I'd be thinking about removing the hitch.

mo,

bill strickland