<VV> Ryan's Starter - Body Panels

Anil Mittal anil at anil.com
Thu Feb 2 14:23:45 EST 2006

Hi Jim,

  You can try giving Rob at the Corvair Ranch a call. If they don't
have the panel I am sure they would cut one off a car for you.

Anil

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:08:53 -500 GMT
From: Jim DeVries <james at devries.name>
Subject: <VV> Ryan's Starter - Body Panels
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org

Ryan,

I don't know that there's anything wrong with your starter.
There's probably just not enough no load on it to keep the
drive engaged. It's supposed to pull back as soon as the
engine starts, right? So if it's turning against almost no
resistance, maybe there isn't enough friction between the
flywheel and the starter gear.

Put the spark plugs back in and try again.

On another subject. Where's the best place to get the
"lower door skin" patch panels that Clark's used to sell?
They've discontinued them, and I'd rather not have to
try making that ridge with a hammer.

Jim DeVries (long time lurker, but Corsa member)
'65 Monza 110/PG