<VV> Boy, Are We Behind! (No Corvair)

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Feb 2 15:29:36 EST 2006

Vauxhall (GM UK, mostly Opel) makes some interesting cars (not including
the econobox "Corsa" my wife rented there a couple summers ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_Corsa

Little known in the US, they made a turbo version of the Lotus Elise S2
that was faster than the Elise AND cheaper.  It would have been a great
time to reintroduce the "Corvair" marque, but alas, with the Elise S3
(the one we get here) there was so much demand that the cheaper Vauxhall
version was canned last year. Maybe as the US Elise demand draws off, GM
could consider doing their own US spec "Corvair" version? Pipe dream, I
know....

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0406scc_tengreat10/

Only 151 mph, though... that Vectra will still get ya!

Bill Elliott