<VV> LM 4-door convertible?

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 17:33:29 EST 2006

With all this talk about body styles, and the one
about putting the more formal roof of the 4-door on a
2-door, it reminded me:

I've been told that SOMEONE in this here United States
took a LM 4-door, removed the roof and replaced it
with a one-off convertible top, creating a LM 4-door
convertible.  Does anyone know the current whereabouts
of this car? If it still exists, I sure would like to
get a look at it!  I know it's sacrilege to those that
believe in purely stock Corvairs, but I think it's a
heck of an idea.  I've always wanted a '61-'67
Continental 4-door convertible, but a Corvair version
is far more likely to find it's way into my current
budget!