<VV> Window headers, (Minimal Corvair)

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Fri Feb 3 22:55:06 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/3/2006 8:30:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
bryan at skiblack.com writes:

At least  in the case of the Neon, the stated reason to add the headers
on the 2nd  gen cars was to reduce wind noise.

Another reason to use the header doors is for less wind resistance (drag).
It's easier to get a good smooth transition from window to body with the
header.

I've had the doors freeze shut several times on my 1994 Corsica. Add to  that
the fact that the door handles aren't handles and it's very difficult to  get
the doors open. I've even pulled the handle so hard that I bent the pull
rods inside the door.

I'm really looking forward to driving my aesthetically perfect, manly 1965
Corvair 500 sedan everyday.

Ned