<VV> engine overhaul (technical)

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Feb 4 17:59:37 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/4/2006 2:55:55 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net writes:

It was  smoking
badly on the left bank. Upon dis-assembly it looks
like the oil  control ring on the #2 was not aligned
properly. #2 exhaust was oil  wet.

hi Mike,
Going by what you said, above, I would suspect something much worse than a
misaligned oil ring. I'd look for a warped cylinder, or bad piston. ( I know
you  are replacing the piston) but I would want to know what the real cause was
first.

Also, a 240 hone leaves a pretty rough surface. How about a  followup with a
brush rotated in the opposite direction, to elimimate the rough  surface?

Regards,
Bob Helt