<VV> adjusting 68 coupe valves 95hp

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 00:55:53 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/4/2006 6:16:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Ktbug401 at aol.com writes:

Can  someone help me.  I've read conflicting articles on the best way  to
adjust valves- static or dynamic adjustments.  In addition, when  I  pulled
the
left side valve cover I found a small piece (3mm) of  bakelite??? any  ideas
where
or what this means.   Thanks

mark

Uh Oh!  - Seth

Note - There are two strong held beliefs (almost as strongly held as
religious beliefs)

1) Cold adjustment, non-running, tighten to grip pushrod and pre-load, let
it sit overnight to bleed down is best!
2) Hot adjustment, running, sliced or hole-punched valve cover. Adjust to
remove ticking and pre-load. - is best!

There are strong wills and lots of experience on either side. If you've
never done it, pick the easiest one and try it. If you still get tapping on  cold
start, try the other.
-Seth