<VV> Strange power loss problem + Sway bar mount broke

Keith Onchuck keitho64 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 23:22:23 EST 2006

OK my saga continues.  I managed to drain the fuel
tank but that took some doing.  You see the lines
coming out of the tank were all full of gum and gunk.
Needless to say it looks like I have found my problem.
 I am in the process of droping the tank so I can
clean it all out.  While I am at it I can replace all
of the rubber hoses by the filler neck since they do
leak when I fill the tank up all the way.  I am going
to check the sock on the inlet and get new gaskets for
the sender.

I did find a broken bracket on the front sway bar.  I
took the sway bar off so I can get the tank out.
There are two brackets that hang from the control arm
and attach to the sway bar.  One of them is broke.  I
am ordering some new sway bar bushings, and a few
other suspension parts while I am in there.

Does anyone know where I can get these brackets?  I
checked clarks catalog and they do not have anything.
I was thinking southwest Corvair or some other salvage
yard.  If anyone is near Chicago and has one to sell I
am interested.  I only need one and it is on the
passenger side.

I appreciate everyone's assistance on my troubles.  I
figure in two more weeks I should have the tank
re-installed and ready to test.

Keith