<VV> Cam shaft bearing wear in the block

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 6 11:19:37 EST 2006

We probably have to figure a way to fix it without the oversize (o.d.) cam
bearing surfaces unless there is room on the bearing surfaces of the
existing cam cores. There aren't any more other than a few cam core stashes
that anyone knows about.  A core needs to be made of  the nodular iron? so
lifters wear properly. (Roller cams don't have the issue-before you ask...).
One can't just CNC a steel crank for a regular lifter engine unless you use
special lifters.  We need solutions that allow us to fix the problem; the
block cam bore wear.

Chuck S
BBRT