<VV> Tape repair to leaking Powerglide shift cable sheath

Anil Mittal anil at anil.com
Mon Feb 6 15:30:35 EST 2006

Randy,

  I have used the fix you describe. What I did was disconnect the
cable at the PG end and pull it out. Use a lot of brake Kleen and
paper towels to get the cable spotless. Then you use a self
vulcanizing rubber tape to wrape the cable tightly. Make sure you
have at least a 50% overlap and you also stech the tape by about 25%.
I bought my tape at Home Depot in the plumbing section. This is NOT
any sort of electrical tape, it is sold in the plumbing section, just
ask someone at the Home Depot (if you can find them!). Good Luck.

Anil

Message: 9