<VV> Cam Bearings

Rad Davis rad.davis at comcast.net
Mon Feb 6 17:06:32 EST 2006

The bellhousing is on their transmission, and is only held on by four
studs.  I suspect that they open the holes the studs go through a little.

There is no equivalent to our accessory housing.  Their oil pump is mounted
in a cylindrical cutout in the pulley end of the case.  This must also be
line-bored to the OD of the oil pump.

Personally, I think line boring the cam saddles oversized and putting in
bearing shells like the crank uses probably makes the most sense.  Yes, it
would be a machining cost, but it would also fix the problem forever (or at
least as long as you could get more bearing shells) without the need for
any machining in future.

Rad Davis:                                        rad.davis at comcast.net
Corvairs--65, 66 Corsa coupes, '65 'brier Deluxe   http://www.corvair.org/
Keeper of the Forward Control Corvair Primer:
http://www.mindspring.com/~corvair/fc1.html
"We did Nebraska in seven minutes today. I think that's probably the best
way to do Nebraska."                            --Brian Shul, _Sled Driver_