<VV> Cam Bearings, Proof is in the pudding

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Feb 7 07:27:06 EST 2006

I've not had to do this repair on any Corvair engine I have ever owned, but
there are practical limitations.

Unlike VW engines, if you mill the case halves and rebore, the top cover,
bell housing, rear cover, and oil pan are going to have fitment problems. And
the bell housing and rear cover have alignment dowels, making life MUCH harder
here. So, I would think that avenue is out.
Line boring the case and building up the cam journals seems like THE most
straightforward approach.

But I agree, it would be interesting to hear from those who have actually
done this.

In a message dated 2/6/2006 10:47:50 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,