<VV> Re: sticky rings good luck..

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Feb 7 19:43:39 EST 2006

any short cuts to a ring problem or heavy breathing from the compression
leaking by will bite you in a short time.  i am now rebuilding the engine from my
rampy because of this. it aint a pretty picture when you look at the ring
grooves. this engine was one that was slightly setup when i got it , but i freed
it with blaster and ran it for quite a while before it started breathing hard
after long hard hills  comeplete with pinging and lack of power. it did get me
home but it went thru lots of oil and was really puffing pressure anywhere it
could , including the inside of the distributor.i would plan on new pistons,
rings , and clyinder boring  and hope i found something else on teardown , but
i doubt it..
.i have pictures of my hard luck trophy parts ...(pistons)
good luck.  regards, tim colson