<VV> fly wheel bolt question...

PbPied at aol.com PbPied at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 12:26:18 EST 2006

Just happened to see your thread while looking for something else.

And all can pardon me if this has been said ad nauseum!

I hope you used a thread-locking compound on the bolts.  They can and  do
work themselves loose.  Part of the value of the thread-locker is  keeping oil
from working into the threads.  There is of course oil on  the other side of the
flywheel hub of the crank.

Whenever doing clutch or flywheel work, I would always recommend pulling  the
bell housing and regasketing it.  Those bolts MUST have thread-locker,  or
you will find that oil begins to drip from the bell housing at some  point.
Then the drip turns into a stream as the heads of the bell housing  bolts get
polished against the back side of the flywheel.

I remember that from 1971, the second time I took the drive train out of  the
Corsa.

Alan