<VV> Putting miles on the '69, was: Boring Lifter Bore Wear

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Sun Feb 12 23:40:29 EST 2006

Well, wednesday I ended up putting 148.08 miles on the 69 Monza... I just
happened to have my father-in-law's GPS with me, and found out my speedometer is
almost 3 mph off... the GPS had me going 74 when the needle was just pastthe
70 mark... and it seemed that far off in the slower speeds, too... 40 would
read right about 36 or so...
I think I need to install those hose clamps on the balance tube hoses, since
I have a slight backfire at 50 to 55 when I maintain that speed for long and
either back off or accelerate... seems like a slight "lean" condition... I
found the clamps, just finding the time now... Other than that, the *new* carb did
great!
Well, I'm off to bed... I gotta rise up early in the morning to make it to
University Hospital (about 65 miles away) by 6:30... surgery is supposed to
happen at 8:30, and they say this will be outpatient, so I *should* be home monday
afternoon...
I'll make sure I ask for the rod... it should make for a nice conversation
piece...
;-)
I'll probably be back online tuesday or so.... until then, you guys behave! I
don't wanna miss anything good!
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg,
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg