<VV> Dual Points

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:08:19 EST 2006

I have a dual-point distributor for Corvair, and it is nothing like the
"du-coil" ignition I took out of my GTO (can't get new cap). The dual point
provides good spark and does not lose it's point gap setting like a lot of
early vairs. It does not have vacuum advance, but is reliable and works
well. Mechanical advance can be adjusted by changing weights and springs
internally.

The du-coil ignition was in a former racecar, the dstributor runs at half
the speed of the stock distributor, and has two coil inputs - one for each
point set. The rotor has two ends, so that the spark alternates which end is
driving a combustion event. I've never seen another one, but apparently it
was a well-known system back in the day...