<VV> Re: [FC] Sold My Greenbrier. Now Selling Parts.

Greenbrier Goon greenbriergoon at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 14 01:44:39 EST 2006

JR

  I'll also mention that I DID offer the Greenbrier to this list as well as the Virtual Vairs list before advertising it anyplace else.  No sale, but a lot of technical questions.

  The local newspaper ad yielded one call from a guy asking if it had a "350" in it.   Craigslist also didn't work.

  The only thing that eventually worked was my web page with the van displayed on it.  A woman and her boyfriend spotted it and drove up here from Richmond 2 days later.

  As for calling me a "taker", I posted a very detailed description of my 4 speed conversion and all of the problems that occured.  This was to help the next person who will try such a conversion.

  The Greenbrier was the only Corvair I had owned.  I can't give advice on fixing a convertible top or repairing a telescopic steering column.

  The auctions end Sunday for those interested.  More items will be added later.
  http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZthefladge

  Charles

J R Read_HML <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Charles, Very often folks respond with what worked for them in a situation
which was similar to what you are describing at the time. That is not to
say the recommendation is correct for your particular instance. More a
matter of something to take into account when you are trying to work through
a problem. Sometimes, the answer is DEAD ON - but you cannot count on that
always being the case. Certainly no one is likely to try to intentionally
mislead you. They (most folks here and at VV) come at it with an attitude
of "we are all in this together" and with a kind of "pass it on" approach.
In other words, if I was able to help you today, I'm not looking for a
reward - just pass that help along when someone else is in need. The
"karma" of the whole thing works in such a way that when the time comes that
I am in need, the help will be there. That Karma aspect seems to fall down
when someone is more or less DEMANDING that someone else provide the correct
(free of charge) answer to a distant problem described by way of an email.
That was the sensation that hit me on many of your past emails and the
motivation for the note I sent earlier.

Have a good life. Enjoy your VW

I've gotten the topic way out of the guidelines here and apologize for that.
I'll have nothing more to say on this.

Later, JR

1963 Greenbrier for sale:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrierforsale.htm