<VV> '66 Interior Colors

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 17:38:41 EST 2006

>----------------
Andy, check out this article I wrote--you'll find your answers there:

http://www.corvairkid.com/66codes.htm

You'll need the TRIM code from the Fisher Body tag to answer some of your
question.

--Kent

Do check out his site, it's very informative.  What he's getting at with the trim code reference is that "R-R" isn't the trim code, it's the paint code.  Red on top and bottom.  The body tag has the trim color code too.  Most red interiors I've seen (and I haven't seen that many) have been ALL red.  Red upholstery, door panels, carpet and interior paint.  Sammy Hagar would love it.  I would thing the headliner would be white though, not red.  Wow, that would be something!

I have a red car that originally had a black interior.  The PO painted the interior metal red but the upholstery and carpet and dash are still black.  I really like it.  The steering wheel is red and black - I REALLY like that.  It looks like I stole it from the Batmobile!

mike