<VV> dash color question

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Feb 15 09:58:55 EST 2006

------------------------------
<snip>

 Personally, I think the black seems for some reason to have
deeper wrinkles to it.

<snip>

Later, JR

I agree with JR, the black krinkle paint is more "krinkly" than the original '65 silver krinkle paint - but - I think it looks fine.  Maybe it depends on the brand of krinkle paint.  You might could give a light sanding of the  black after it's dried before you silver coat.

What I want to know is how do you replicate the silver strip on the '65 dash if you use a '66?  I'm just painting a bright silver stripe on mine but the original looks like it's an insert of some kinde.

mike