<VV> Oilite

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 16:54:34 EST 2006

"Shade-tree mechanic" as in the guys who know the simplest, least-expensive and most effective way of doing it right, without an engineering team or corporate sponsors.
  You've heard me refer to them as the "put toothpaste on it" guys who've taught me more than I learned at aerioplane wrenchin school. Able to rebuild a big block with only hand tools, can leap a warranty issue in a single bound, faster than a speeding divorce lawyer.
  Steve taught me how to get that exact bushing out of the crank--pack it with grease and use the input shaft and light hammer taps to compact the grease and push it out of place.

  Chuck

"Pleau, Dennis E" <dennis.e.pleau at intel.com> wrote:
  I learned it from Steve Goodman whom I don't consider a shade-tree
mechanic .

dp