<VV> Pulling Pilot Bushing

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Thu Feb 16 18:31:45 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/16/2006 3:08:58 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
Bucketboss at aol.com writes:

Years  ago, I was taught the same thing w/ grease but I was told to use
something that had tight clearance and tap it out. I used the handle of  a
ratchet
once in a pinch. Pretty tough lifting the transmission up  to the bushing  if
you don't have a spare input shaft.

Dave  Fierek

Dave,
Excuse me, but I don't see the problem. Once you separate the diff from the
engine to gain access to the pilot, you are able to carefully remove the input
 shaft by just pulling it out. Of course then it's best to replace the snout
seal, but still you don't need a spare input shaft.
Regards,
Bob Helt