<VV> An un-polite suggestion...

Ken Wildman k-wildman at onu.edu
Sun Feb 19 13:10:21 EST 2006

>Lazy abusers of the list don't always qualify for common decency, but I
>don't think we have any of those guys asking questions these days.

Lazy abusers?

This is a Corvair discussion list.  If you don't want to discuss the
question that someone brings up, then perhaps you should just shut the &%$#
up.   :)

I often can't answer questions but I learn from both the questions and the
answers from some knowledgeable people.  If you don't like answering
questions, here's an idea...DON'T DO IT!  Don't respond at all.  Just move
on to the next message.

If you are going to take the time to chastise instead of help you are just
wasting your own time and everyone else's.

Why should anyone be expected to depend on the information in a book when
so much of our discussions is about differences of opinions about how
things should be done?  Several years ago I asked about wheel alignment
specs.  Very few of the answers were identical.  Most were different than
the figures given in the GM Corvair shop manual.

So, my unpolite suggestion is that if you don't like answering questions
then don't -- but resist the urge to be rude to someone who comes to the
group seeking help.  The good people here will come through as they always do.

</soapbox>

Ken