<VV> Which Direction Bellows Swivel?

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Feb 19 19:13:56 EST 2006

"...The plot thickens...

EM manual - page 6A-57 shows  shrouds.  The left side points inboard (to the
right).  The left  side is a bit difficult to see even with a magnifying
glass, but seems to  also point inboard (to the LEFT).

So, was the original question about an  EM or a LM?

Attachments (if any) are scanned with anti-virus  software.

Later, JR..."

Thanks for the replies, JR:

My dilemma is this: In the 30-something years I'm been working on Vairs,
I've never had repeat bellows failures; I've always just lined up the swivel to
whatever direction caused the least binding. Now, on my 67 coupe, I've had two
 NOS bellows failures, in short order, both on the right side.
Alrightythen...I check GM service bulletins and several of my shop manuals, as  well as
Clarks, all with differing answers. My 80s-something technical guide  lists
nothing on this topic. I was hoping to find one definitive answer  (before stalling
yet another NOS bellows), but no luck yet.

Mike Mauro
67 110 Coupe