<VV> Brake frustration

Jim Bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 20 12:26:17 EST 2006

I've thought of another possibility.  Did you have the front shoes arced, to
match the drums.  This is having the shoes ground so that the arc of the
shoe matches the arc of the drum.  It is possible that the actual contact
area of your front shoes is really quite small.  Maybe draw some pencil
lines down the length of the shoes and then apply the brakes.  The drum
should scrub the line off the shoe where contact is made. If there is lotsa
pencil remaining it shows than only a small portion of the friction material
is helping stop the car.

Jim B