<VV>:cylinder baffles

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 15:13:13 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/22/2006 10:51:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lonwall at corvairunderground.com writes:

> Drag racers also run without fan belts, cooling fans and charging
> systems. Lon
>
> UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:
>
> >Weird!!!  you must have another problem!   Drag  Racers run without the
> >Baffles to keep the cylinders cooler yet get more heat into the heads to
> allow the
> >engine to make better Horsepower!!

************

Sorry, forgot what list I'm replying to!
Many here GENERALIZE EVERY STATEMENT!!! ........ think about it!  GGGGGG

We are talking about the cylinder baffles.......mainly  if not absolutely on
a STREET DRIVEN CAR!!!

A person looking for a "race"  to make a few $$$....wants his heads to be hot
enough to generate plenty of HP.....so they leave off the cylinder baffles
OFF,  this does NOT  destroy the engine..........and normally  there is no
piston related problems as Tim  described...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!