<VV> E85 fuel

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Feb 22 19:28:04 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <Sethracer at aol.com>

> In a message dated 2/22/2006 11:26:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> deltainc at grm.net writes:
>
> The E85  people say the pump E85 is rated at 110 octane ....
> The EPA says 100 Octane.
> _http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/e85toolkit/e85_fuel.html_
(http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/e85toolkit/e85_fuel.html)

> - Seth
********
Methinks the E85 is slightly over-hyped .... a lot of good people out here
are putting in their life savings in starting up a number of local
independent E85 stills ....   not to mention a bunch of FEDERAL ( my taxes )
subsidies are being freely dispensed.....

I think the idea is noble, and maybe even the goal ... but gee, couldnt "
they " tell us the awful truth just this once ....  like, it takes twice as
many gallons to go anywhere ....   and so far, if everyone started using it,
the price would go up... and besides, there is only enough to make 2 %
ethanol fuel if we all used it ....

Oh well, at least it should run cool ( if mixture is set right ) and gives
the Iranians the bird ...

regards, ken campbell, deltawerkes