<VV> E85 fuel (No Corvair)

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Feb 23 10:59:10 EST 2006

Ken,

Pick up that book and read it. It talks about all that you mentioned,
and gave good reasons why electricity isn't going to replace energy from
oil, and certainly since wind, solar, etc. is so unreliable (wind
doesn't blow constantly, sun doesn't shine 24-7, etc.) And batteries
aren't the answer, either. As much research as has happened on them,
they really cannot power major energy users like intercontinental jet
planes. And "hydrogen power" is really only a transmission medium, not
an energy source. Bottom line is that there are far fewer means of
practical (net energy positive) "renewable" energy sources than you
might think.

-Mark