<VV> The damned book again--used to be hard starts--not Corvair

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 11:12:20 EST 2006

Hey Lou,

I adress this to you because you brought it up, and
I'm surprised you did, and to the group because I
imagine we'll be, as you point out, back at it again
if someone doesn't say something.

Well, my good FRIEND, here you go again. This is one
thread that COULD have ended WITHOUT someone injecting
the same old "book" and "stupid question" reason for
everyone to fight over yet once more.  Too late now.
Every time this comes up, the same arguement leads to
the same conclusions. Here's a recap for those who
either want to fight about it again or haven't read VV
posts in the past two months or so:

1) Don't tell someone to look in the book if you can't
tell them WHERE and IN WHAT BOOK.
2) If you can contribute, please do. That's why we're
here.
3) if you can't contribute, shut up.
4) If you don't WANT to contribute, DON'T. Just shut
up. We don't need another whine session about what you
don't want to do or are sick of people asking you. We
also don't care if you take it personal when someone
asks a question of the group.
5) If you can't criticize someone's idea without a
LOGICAL reason and a better idea, shut up.
6) Take personal attacks OFF the net so we don't have
to watch it.

These two are kind of related, as long as I'm here:
 7) If all you can do is waste our time with "me too,"
shut up. It wears us down just as much to read endless
repeats of the same solution as much as complaints of
the same problem with no solution.
8) Once the thread leaves Corvairland, take it to
talk.

In this case. Richard thanks Brent for giving him an
answer that, yes, is IN THE BOOK. And that should have
been the end of it. Your congratulations to them and
others for handling it the way they did would have
gone over well if not framed in the old "book"  and
"stupid question" harangue.
I'm suggesting this for those who want to keep
fighting about fighting which, in my mind, pushes the
top of the list as things that aren't worth the
effort:  shut up. The best way to make it go away is
to JUST DROP IT, get over it, and move on to something
more worth OUR collective time.
For anyone who wants to write me about why they want
to continue beating people with this, take a clue from
the outline above. Shut up!

Chuck Kubin
LIFCCXGP

 --- "Louis C. Armer,Jr." <carmerjr at mindspring.com>