<VV> RE: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 13, Issue 78

Steven R. Marti srmarti at netzero.net
Thu Feb 23 14:29:31 EST 2006

<snip>
It's my understanding and I'm no expert that it takes 1 BTU of energy to
make 1 BTU of ethanol, by the time you grow the corn, haul it to the still
and then get it to the tank farm.  You can ship petro all the way around the
world and have a net gain in energy.

dp
<snip>

I read somewhere recently that the more energy in than out model was based
on some obsolete assumptions.  The truth is probably somewhere between two
extreme opinions.

Steve