<VV> BG Services for Corvair powerglide transmissions

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Feb 23 17:22:26 EST 2006

>It takes the old  fluid in from the supply line and sends new clean fluid
>into the  cooler
>from the other line.

Sorry but I am a bit confused here. In almost any other car draining the
transmission by dropping the pan just exchanges the fluid in the
transmission and lets you change the filter. To change the fluid in the
torque converter which is shared you need to use and active mechanism as
described.

My understanding is that the torque converter in a Corvair is a sealed unit
since the differential is between it and the transmission. Anything done to
the transmission (drop pan, pump through cooler line) jsust canges the
fluid in the transmission. To change the torque converter fluid you have to
add a fitting.

Nicht wahr ?

Padgett