<VV> Rocker panel surgery on 66 Ragtop, etc

Neil Bristol neil_ljl at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 11:54:25 EST 2006

Hello:

I have a 66 corsa Convert project. 2 questions multiple parts:

A) It is pretty solid all around and has new floors but there are rust holes thru the Right side rocker ( the size of your fist In both wheel wells and also thru the side. There is maybe 60-70% of the metal still there but some surgery is required and I am 1) not a body man and 2) not a welder. Any suggestions? (short of taking it to a body shop)

B) If you lay on your back on the floor looking under the dash there is some old bondo repair in the seam high up behind the glove box. I don't know how far it goes or what is involved in getting in there to clean it up and fix it properly.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Neil