<VV> Front crank seal

Jim McLott jim_mclott at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 24 11:48:12 EST 2006

Nah, Chuck, I don't regret asking the list one bit.  I think you summarized the responses nicely and those responses told me just what I needed to know.  Most importantly, I did NOT get a response telling me to avoid using product XYZ.  Knowing what not to do is just as important as knowing what to do.

Now for my next question.  What paint do people on the list use when painting the engine compartment of a USA-built late model?  I've got notes about what to use when painting the shrouds (Krylon 1613 semi-flat, Plasti-Cote #215 low gloss engine enamel, Plasti-Cote "Classic #344" flat black lacquer, Dupli-Color 91634 Low Gloss Black) and am wondering if any of them would look good in the engine compartment.

As always, TIA

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (again!)

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm