<VV> E85 fuel (NO CORVAIR)

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Feb 24 22:55:27 EST 2006

At 01:39 hours 02/24/2006, Mark Noakes wrote:
>actually the prediction for the price of a barrel of oil is multiple
>hundreds of dollars within 5 years, which I assume is what all the
>ethanol stir is about.

NOT if the hardline environ-extremists lighten up and allow drilling
in US territories to divorce us from middle-east oil.   There's
enough of it here in the North American continent to allow this... IF
oil companies could get the go-ahead to go get it.    And it's likely
this oil will sell for considerably much less than any three-figure
number.   Add to this some efficient refineries to work with this
untapped reserve of oil... to make the most of what we have her in
our own yard.

And do this RIGHT NOW and not wait until it's too damned late.

Now, if people in High Places think that allowing the price of oil to
rise to such a number in 5 years is somehow gonna be good for their
pocketbooks... or good for their environmentalist agendas, they're
sorely frigging delusional.

Our economy runs on petroleum and has for the last 80
years.  Developing any sort of useful alternative that will actually
WORK is gonna take decades and a whole lot of money.    To change
over into something NOT dependent on petroleum in anything less than
20+ years will leave this country in a Third World state with our
economy a fraction of what it was, and cripple just about every part
of what keeps us going now.

How long before another nation with strength and means (and a big
supply of domestically available petroleum) would decide we're easy
pickings and simply come over here and take over, just because they
can?     And don't say that it's not gonna happen in such a scenario;
there are nations who would love to do us in if they could... and if
our country finds itself having to deal with oil costing hundreds of
dollars per barrel, our economy is gonna fold and our strength with it.

It's that simple.

That's why it won't happen if the people in positions of power in
this country have ANY brains at all, and stop catering to the PC gang
and their radical environmentalist associates who blame the worlds
problems on our tailpipe emissions, running around screaming about
how the Alabama Clubfooted Field Newt is gonna die off if we drill in
ANWR, or the Jersey Devil is doomed to extinction if anyone dares
sample that oil off the coast of CA, etc ad nauseam.

tony..