<VV> manual bellhousing ID

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Feb 25 18:50:13 EST 2006

I don't recall a difference in belhousings, but there probably is.

164 cu in ( not just late models!) engines use the steped flywheel.

164 cu in engines use a pressure plate whose fingers are more bent than
the flat flywheel style pressure plate. When bolted up, the flat
flywheel pressure plate fingers will be flat, while the stepped flywheel
style pressure plate will still show bent fingers. The flat flywheel
system uses a longer throwout bearing than the stepped (recessed) style
flywheel system.

Frank DuVal