<VV> Hey I just found out...(diff)

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 12:39:24 EST 2006

Andrew Allen <andyman260 at yahoo.com> wrote:    You can also jack up the car so both rear wheels are
off the ground and turn either wheel by hand. If the
opposite wheel turns in the same direction you have
posi. If the opposite wheel turns in the opposite
direction you have an 'open' differential, no posi.
Sometimes if the posi cluthces are weak or shot the
opposite wheel will not turn at all but you still have
a 'positraction' differential. Adding the positraction
friction modifier additive will sometimes improve a
worn posi.

Cheers!

Andy
'66 A/C Corsa (converted to posi)

--- Ryan Verthein wrote:

> just for the heck of it, I thought I'd look and see
> how you figure out if you have a Posi diff...and...I
> DO!
>
> it's AD 06 01 so a June 1st 1965 3:55 Posi
>
> hmmm...not sure how that changes anything other than
> needing an additive now. But it's still kind of
> cool!
>
> Ryan
>
> 1965 Corsa/110/4
> http://www.edselmotors.com/corsa.html
> and http://free4allband.tripod.com/corsacorvair.html

It is my understanding that it is not good to add "Posi Additive" to a Corvair due to sharing the same oil as the Transmission.
  Mike

Mike Moyer
Corvan Antics Editor
Vair Parts & Repairs
1963 Greenbrier Deluxe 64 110 FC motor / 4 Spd
1963 Rampside 110 4spd (Group Red)
1964 Monza Coupe 110 Powerglide A/C
1965 Monza Convertible 140 4 spd X 2