<VV> Re: Gaz

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Feb 27 09:20:20 EST 2006

>But if you're talking about 5 bucks/gallon for *gasoline*, it's NOT
>cheap energy.    It would be damned expensive energy.

Well $3/gallon was not enough to get people out of their blimpmobiles (part
of the reason I moved from the Fiero to the Reatta was that too many people
in Navigators and such just did not see me in the next lane because my roof
was lower than their window sill). Personally have always been a firm
believer that as frontal area goes up, mpg goes down (though the dustbuster
nose on our 92 3800 TranSport is really pretty efficient - 24-25 mpg on the
Interstate with the air on. Under 2000 rpm at 70 helps also).

Right now regular around here is under $2.25/gal and no-one seems to care
but then "pay at the pump" divorces many form what they are actually
spending & only the bill payer in the family sees what is going on.

Years ago when I first saw a one pound coin I though that it was going to
devalue the "perception" of value (and am glad the $1 coin never caught on
here). Suspect the plastic society is doing the same thing.

Padgett