<VV> Re: Car Salesmen/Manufactures (no Corvair)

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 3 09:47:47 EST 2006

I see the same guys at my local Cheby dealer whenever I'm there for
service - at least the new car guys.  I think they start the new guys in the
used car/truck show room.  I don't buy my cars there 'cause I got a cousin
100 miles away who sells them, but get all (well most of) the service work
locally.  One of the salesmen, whom I've gotten to know over the years grew
up in the town where my cousin is located.  His mother buys her cars from
him and gets them serviced at my cousins' place.  Seems fair.

When I buy a new one, I pick up the brochure locally - check it over and
call my cousin.  We go over the options (and any recent changes thereto) and
pricing and I place the order.  When the car comes in, it only takes about
20 minutes to get everything done.  Sometimes I buy lunch and sometimes he
does.  Sometimes I have a trade in and sometimes I don't.  Last time, I did
and he cut me a check for it.  GM was offering 0% at the time - so I used my
check at the bank to buy a CD!

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140 (times 2)