<VV>Thernister to 95 hp head

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Jan 3 12:31:03 EST 2006

>Drill the current threaded hole in the cylinder head
>to appx 1/8" deeper than the carefully measured length of the brass
>portion of the thermistor as measured from the face of the flange to
>the end of the cylinder.    Do NOT drill any deeper than that or you
>could possibly drill into the combustion chamber.

When something to be drilled off a press is that critical, I measure the
exact distance the drill needs to go and wrap tape around the drill bit at
that point so that I have a guide. Better would be a stop on the drill bit
but not everyone has a stop.

Keep in mind that there is nothing to leak in the hole, the device just
needs to be tight enough not to unscrew itself (and if it did, It would
just land in the shroud).

BTW there is an interesting figure in the SAE reports (which naturally I
have misplaced) that related to the temperature at various points on the
head with the spark plug near the coolest point and the thermocouple near
the warmest.

Padgett