<VV> Time Magazine - Ed Cole Edition

Monza67 at aol.com Monza67 at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 18:09:08 EST 2006

Just received a copy of the October 5, 1959 Time magazine with Ed Cole as
Time's Man of the Year. When skimming the article, I saw a couple of things that
 I have questions about...and where else is there a better place to ask a
Corvair  related question than VV.
In the article it said that Hertz Rent a Car signed up to purchase 3000
Corvairs. I was unaware that Corvairs were used as rental cars. Were there any
differences to them that could distinguish them as rental cars? I know the Hertz
 Shelby Mustangs were all painted black with gold stripes, had some different
 parts and also had a 350H designation on the side stripes. Was there
anything  like this for the Corvair rentals? Are there records on how many Corvairs
were  used by rental car companies throughout the life of the Corvair? Any way
if you  can tell if your Corvair was a rental car?
Also in the article it showed a picture of Ed Cole's family and said his
wife's name was Esther...I thought it was Dollie. Was Dollie her nickname, or  a
different wife?
Just wondering...
Chuck Prosise