<VV> Tires

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Wed Jan 4 10:52:06 EST 2006

Yes, I have run these on several cars. Exceptionally good on dry
pavement (especially considering the price and only an H rating), decent
on wet pavement, suicidal in even light snow. Fairly stiff sidewalls (so
good turn-in and feel), but also a bit rough riding and a bit noisy.
Wear is a bit faster than you'd suspect. In all a very decent
performance tire and a very good buy (all things considered). Likely the
best 205/60-13 still available.

Problem is, none of these sizes is especially good for a Corvair...all
too short. I've run 206/60 (the tallest variety listed) on a Corvair on
stock rims. Great around town...really tiring on a trip... and they look
strange unless the car is lowered.

Bill