<VV> Re: Car Salesmen - Victory buying a backwards Corvair ! !

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Wed Jan 4 22:35:39 EST 2006

When I bought my year-old used 2000 Ford Escort ZX-2 in 2001, marked
$12,999, the salesman asked "How much do you want to pay ?"

I said, "$8000," to which replied "no, really."

After test driving about twenty-seven new Miatas and a variety of used
Miatas (which I liked except for 3200 RPM at 60 MPH), the manager said "OK,
if you take it in the next 30 seconds."

I waited about 25 seconds, knowing he thought I wasn't serious, and that I
would leave, and then I started to leave, but turned and said "OK."  4999
off for only 2 1/2 hours work seemed reasonable, but the salesman and
manager exchanged glanced that said that I won that round.

He should have saved some time (and the first 43 miles on a brand new Miata)
and just sold it to me when I first got there.

It now has over 115,000 and has required no work at all. (OK, a timing belt,
and it will probably fall apart tomorrow !)

A backwards Corvair !  Everything is on the wrong end !  Who built this