<VV> 2006 Convention Info

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 14:22:14 EST 2006

I just want to clear up a few issues, ones that have
been generating a fair number of "concerned" e-mails:

1) There is NO CHARGE for parking at the host hotel,
the Adam's Mark. This was part of the package that
CORSA and the hotel agreed to, but is contrary to
normal Adam's Mark policies. So, if anyone tells you
there's a charge for parking, just ignore them and
move on. If a charge for parking should appear on your
reservation, it will be removed at check-in time. But
let the word go forth: YOU HAVE OUR WORD THAT NO ONE
WILL BE CHARGED FOR PARKING AT THE HOST HOTEL. Unless
you're driving a Ford...(just kidding!)

2) The Adam's Mark has a large parking ramp, and one
floor will be devoted solely to Corvairs. As it's
ceilings are much too low for motorhomes or other tall
vehicles, there will be an adjacent parking lot
available for such vehicles. Both the ramp and the lot
will be patrolled by off-duty police officers on a
24/7 basis, for the duration of the convention.

3) In her column for the Communique, Sarah Beltrami
misstated the distance from the hotel to the park
where the concours and car display will be held. It's
about a half-mile walk, or a little more than a mile
by car (due to one-way streets and the vehicle
entrance to the park). It's nowhere near the 5-mile
distance that she quoted.

4) There's been some concern as to the "downtown"
location of this convention. "Will my Corvair be
safe?" I certainly feel safe walking around the area,
but we do have the 24/7 security (in addition to
regular patrols by the city police department) as a
precaution. "Do I have to battle downtown traffic?" If
you're used to cities like Houston, Atlanta,
Washington, etc..., then you'll get here and wonder
just when Buffalo's rush hour begins. Our rush hour
involves less traffic than what you'd experience in
those previously-mentioned cities during their
LIGHTEST traffic times of the day. Even with that,
we've scheduled our events at times that avoid our
rush hour.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion. If you
have any questions, please contact me anytime.

Jeff Clark, Treasurer
2006 Convention Committee