<VV>Boost (some Corvair)

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Jan 7 11:12:01 EST 2006

>He says that he's measured the boost from his standard 150 turbo at
>between 20 and 26 lbs. pressure.
... real 0-100 lbs/sq/in pressure gauge. |

20-25 relative to zero ? Would be 6-11 psi over ambient which is more
reasonable.

 >(we all tend to drive a tad fast down here in Florida == it has to do
with the alligator races -- Ed will invariably zoom past me, calm and
serene at 90. <

Actually it has to do with the distances involved. Few realize just how big
Florida is. When I used to drive to New Orleans, I would be over half way
there and in a different time zone before leaving the state and I am 400
miles from the southern tip. When I moved to Orlando between St. Cloud and
Ft. Pierce on the turnpike, 110 miles, there was one exit. At 55 you just
never got there.

One thing few realize is the dislocations that the 55 mph speed limit
caused. All of a sudden people were not getting as far the first night and
entire towns of motels  dried up. Now that (other than in the "slow
corner") speed limits are more reasonable (70 on limited access roads in
most of the countryside) and in Florida you can get places in reasonable times.

Actually, Florida is a lot like Texas in that respect (the other state I
will live in) just greener.

Padgett