<VV> Re: Rental Corvairs

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 20:49:25 EST 2006

My first drive in a Corvair was also in a rental. In Feb. 1960, my father
was working for AT&T. He had an employee who was on disability and he needed  to
take some papers to her to sign. The company did not want employees to  use
personal cars for business, so he needed to rent a car. He was interested in
buying one of the new compacts and asked me, a 15 year old, which car he
should try to rent. I told him to try to get a Corvair. If he couldn't get one
then try a Valiant. As luck would have it, he came by our house with a
Corvair.(4 door 700 PG) When it was time to turn it in, he let me  drive it back
downtown to Hertz. Seven months later we had a new 1960 500 4  door 3 speed.

Five years later. I rented a 1965 Monza coupe 110 PG. and rented a  1966
coupe( $5.00/day and 5 cents/mile) mainly just to drive one  for a day or two.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe
Corvair Atlanta