<VV> Re: Turbo Boost

Bucketboss at aol.com Bucketboss at aol.com
Sat Jan 7 23:34:10 EST 2006

I have a LM Turbo 180 that I will be running this spring and I have a
question for the bent parts and melted pieces guys out there.  This engine has 140
heads cut to 8.5:1 , TB 20 cam, dual springs, balanced,  2206 TRW's, Weber 40mm
carb, and a wastegate. It has yet to be  fired. My question is this. What WG
spring should I limit my fun to?  6-8-10 psi or can I go higher and to what
limit without SERIOUSLY limiting  durability? I plan H20 injection. Has anybody
tried to use a MSD  ignition with the boost controller for better control?

Thanks, I would appreciate any insight.

Dave Fierek
Mpls, MN
'66 Turbo Vert